Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Quilt Designs

Necktie Quilts.
Click on highlighted text for more information

Art Quilt by Jana Morgan.She describes it as "men's neckties, hand-dyed fabrics, thread and yarn on canvas"
and "This piece is made up mostly of men's neckties that I wove into a thick fabric, hand-stitched together with other hand-dyed fabrics, cut into squares, reconstructed into a grid, stitched to canvas and drew over with machine stitching. I invested months of meandering, free-associative stitching into this painting / crazy quilt. Both the long process and the final form reflect my personal response to / map of the flows and restrictions of everyday life (daily driving) in Los Angeles"

"Tied to Thad", String Quilt by Martha Herbert

Striped ties quilt by Cheryl Gerhart

Quilt from her boyfriend's ties, by Feng Shui by Fishgirl

"Leo's Ties of a Life", as posted on Offenburger

Unique pattern (click on image to enlarge) that was in a quilt show in Hemet, 2008, called "Preacher Bill's Ties", by Glenda Alexander (I saw it posted on Threads in Time)

Memory Quilt by Donna Sinrud

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous patchwork said...

The crinkles effect and the one with ties...both are very innovative and nice.What lovely ideas here !!!

January 10, 2010 at 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Katy said...

Thanks for including my quilt in this very creative collection, Woof Nanny! I wish I still lived in SoCal so I could bring my Springer and my Pit/Lab mix down for a visit to you:)
woof!
fishgirl

January 14, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home