Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun and Funky Quilt


Whimsical quilt made with neckties and clothing,
by Caryl Bryer Fallert.

Fallert says, "This quilt was inspired by my husband's decision to sort through and discard a twenty-five year accumulation of old clothes. I wanted to use his old clothing to represent the high-pressure business man coming home and 'unwinding' after a hectic day at the office."

More information and detailed photos here.

Also, great quilting article about sewing with neckties, and several photo examples, over at Quilt Bug.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

That is an amazing piece of art. What fun it must have been to plan it and put it all together! I can't imagine all the work that went into it. Wonder what the back looks like...

Thanks for the look and the links! I think I'm actually going to try to plan something with "my" ties this winter.

May 28, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home